So I was reading Martinis & Minivans yesterday, and read her “Who Am I?” post, where she answered 25 questions about herself. Not that anything about ME is that interesting, but here goes:
1. Where were you born? Mason City, Iowa
2. Were you named after someone? Not that I know of. It seems that the name Jennifer or Jenny/Jenni were hugely popular back in the 70s and early 80s.
3. How many children do you have? I have two children of my own (Caitlyn is 17, and Courtney is 12). I also have two stepkids (Cameron is 18 and Kaylee is 15).
4. How many pets do you have? Sometimes I think we have too many! We have one yellow lab named Bella, and a Schnauzer/Pomeranian mix named Mia. We also have a cat named Molly, whom we very rarely ever see (she doesn’t like the dogs).
5. Your worst injury? Other than the 4 times I’ve had kidney stones, I have remained pretty healthy. I guess the worst was when I was in kindergarten and I fractured my arm. Had to wear it in a sling for several weeks, and I remember my kindergarten teacher getting mad at me because I couldn’t tie my own shoes.
6. Do you have a special talent? I can SING.
7. Favorite thing to bake? Hmmm… most of the stuff I bake is from a mix. But I would have to say dark chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting. My FAVORITE.
8. Favorite Fast Food? Definitely Taco Bell
9. Would you bungee jump? Yes, and I’ve already done it!
10. What is the first thing you notice about people? Their size and their height.
11. When was the last time you cried? Last night, while watching a DVR’d episode of Chicago Fire.
12. Any current worries? Mostly what I always worry about– MONEY.
13. Name 3 drinks you drink regularly. WATER, WATER, and WATER.
14. What’s your favorite book? I don’t think I have any one book that I can say is my favorite. But I have three favorite authors– Kristin Hannah, Jodi Picoult, and John Grisham.
15. Would you like to be a pirate? Arrrrr,NO THANKS, MATEY!
16. Favorite Smells? The way my grandparent’s house smelled when we’d walk in the door on Thanksgiving Day. That ranks right up there with the smell of clean sheets and my kids’ hair after they’ve taken a bath/shower.
17. Why do you blog? I started out blogging as more of a diary, and now it is a hobby. I would do it people read it or not. But really– I still want people to read it!
18. What song do you want played at your funeral? Amazing Grace
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? My WEIGHT. It is the absolute one thing I would change if a genie all of a sudden appeared and gave me three wishes.
20. Favorite hobby? Not much time for hobbies, but does watching my kids’ play sports count?
21. Name Something you’ve done, you never thought you would do? Meet someone on the internet and marry him.
22. What do you look for in a friend? Honesty, willingness to listen, sense of humor.
23. Favorite Fun things to do? Read, watch movies, Blog, watch Caitlyn play softball and Courtney play soccer.
24. Pet peeves? Biggest pet peeve: People that drive in the passing lane, but aren’t passing anyone. This will become a blog post soon, I’m sure of it.
25. What’s the last thing that made you laugh? Watching Courtney dance in the family room last night.